Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one....With the Geocache of course!! DUH.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Riverside Poetry Cache - GC1C7KA - 8/12/11

The wife was in town getting her nails done and I needed something to do.  I accessed this cache from the nice boat ramp / amphitheater area and drove down the little access road as far as I could.  From there I followed a nice walking path along the river until I got close to GZ, which of course was the opposite side of the muddy flood drain.  Oh well, I crossed the mud without sinking too much and then found the hint "Up on a hill" to be an understatement.   The cache was at the top of a very steep and high hill, certainly not the 2 star rating that the cache page indicates.

After signing the log I headed back out and took a drive by the Plymouth Senior center.  This place is an old railroad station and has major sentimental value on four levels.  The first being that my father worked here during high school when it was the Perry Lamp factory.  The second is that my Grandfather (Henry Crane) was monumental in the creation of the Senior Center here.  Third is that my Grandfather's memorial service was held here after his passing.  And finally, because of all this it is the location where my wedding reception was held in July 2007.  By the way there is a Benchmark in the front wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment