Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one....With the Geocache of course!! DUH.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Honor the Fallen - GC2JPV6 - 8/12/11

The wife was in town getting her nails done and I needed something to do, so I decided to get some caches.

I spent a lot of time growing up in the Plymouth area and I remember the old rickety bridge here and I remember them building this one.  

I parked on the south side of the bridge and was getting ready to attempt to cross the bridge traffic when I noticed they included a walking path underneath so I went down.  On the other side I quickly realized that there was something wrong.  After reading the hint I quickly found the cache 47 feet southwest of the posted coordinates.

The bridge is actually quite nice, and the path is a good addition.  Hopefully they will finish the path and extend it down to the boat launch and amphitheater beside the courthouse.

On the street level south side there is a nice monument dedicated to Douglas A DiCenzo, an Army Ranger from Plymouth who was killed by a roadside bomb in Iraq.  
Unfortunately the youth in the area have no respect for the memorial or the property in general:



No comments:

Post a Comment