Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one....With the Geocache of course!! DUH.

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Dam Strait! - GC2D8F4 - 8/6/11

Came over here with Mooney625, Rubber Ducky339 and TadpoleTheWolfman after having dinner at the restaurant nearby that is named after a Noisy Aviary. (by the way the food is really good but the service is absolutely HORRIBLE!!!).

This cache is up on top of the control gangway for the dam so I question the legality of the placement as you can see bits of former No Trespassing signs and it can be quite dangerous there.  But of course I had to go get it.

It was a quick climb up an old built-in Iron rung ladder up the side of the spillway wall and then out onto the gangway.  Signed the log and enjoyed the views from the top of the spillway.

Coming down was not so much fun as I have a small fear of heights, well actually the height is not what bothers me, it is the thought of plummeting down to the ground that bothers me most.


No comments:

Post a Comment