Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one....With the Geocache of course!! DUH.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Keychain Bonanza - GCGC14 - 5/10/10

Placed by pbarr86 on 6/28/03


Another nice tucked away hiking area.  I grew up right down the street but had never been here.  I decided to take my father SnowyOwls  on his first cache here.  
On the way in we saw a really cool looking knotted tree
The walk was nice and relatively easy but most definitely NOT a 1 star rating, I think it should be at least 2 as there is some semi-steep hiking and about 100 feet of bushwhacking required.  We found the cache quickly and still in good shape.


On the way out we took the lower trail and it brought us down along the stream, there is what appears to be an old mill site as there is a small spillway followed by a foundation.
 
 As we continued out the storms this winter took down several trees including this one that fell across the roadway.

No comments:

Post a Comment