Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one....With the Geocache of course!! DUH.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Sachem Rock Farm Canoe Launch - GC1JNGV - 04/12/10

Placed by "Koneko" on 12/05/08.
As I first pulled into this place I was afraid I pulled into someones driveway.  I soon realized I was mistaken as the old house is part of the farm and there are architectural drawings on the side showing some future plans to restore and add on to the house and barn.
And there is a nice stone monument to the great Chief Massasoit of the Wampanoag indians.
At the edge of the parking area I paused for a moment to check out the map of the area, I was surprised by how big the farm really is.
I started down the path toward the cache, as I was entering the woods I found Pete's stump.  Not sure who Pete is but he apparently wanted everyone to know he was here.

I arrived at the site where the GPS was pointing but after several minutes of looking around I was going to give up until I saw something green floating in the water about 150 feet away.  Yes it was a lock-n-lock container containing the cache.  This one was obviously victim of the recent monsoons we have had.  The cache was intact but completely soaked inside.  I placed a temporary log in it and placed it back where it seemed to belong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment