Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one....With the Geocache of course!! DUH.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ashland Woods Bonus 3/3/10

Ashland,MA
After finding the other 3 in the series I ran out of time yesterday, as well as needed to do the calculations for the bonus at home.

With the snow this morning I wasn't sure if I would make it out today.  The snow let up around noon so I decided to go for it.

Arrived at a familiar parking area used yesterday.  I started to walk into the woods and again came across the same flooded trail
After making my way across by carefully stepping on rocks, I was off to find the cache.

I saw some footprints in the snow, headed in the direction of the cache, another cacher perhaps? Only time will tell.

Upon approaching Stage 1 I figured it would take a lot of looking but found that my coordinates I factored were almost exactly on!!  Quick find and off to the next stage.

While walking to the next stage I came across a couple nice little bridges across a brook.
Took a small trail and was surprised to find that the same footprints as before and started feeling confident it must be another cacher as this trail was in rough shape and I figured there must be a reason someone took it when there was a nice trail nearby.
This area seems to have taken a beating over the winter, lots of trees down all over the place, some old and some new.
Stage 2 was a quick find and off to the next one.  As I approached the final I found something that would make Revenge of the Den Leader excited (see: Bad Parking)
At the final it was another quick find, signed the log and launched the proxy for my geocoin: I Ain't afraid of no ghosts

Thanks for the nice series Ether Bunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment